Grundfos Booster Set
Grundfos Hydro Multi-S booster sets consist of two or three identical Grundfos CM, CMV or CR pumps, connected in parallel and mounted on a common base frame, and a control cabinet with motor protection and integrated controller.
Hydro Multi-S booster sets are supplied as complete, pre-assembled and tested systems including suction and discharge manifolds, isolating valves, non-return valves, pressure gauge and pressure switches. To ensure reliable operation, the booster set must be fitted with a suitable diaphragm tank. The pumps are automatically operated according to system demand by means of pressure switches (one for each pump).
- irrigation systems.
Features and benefits
- highly efficient
- easy to commission
- suitable for emergency operation.
This product can be installed as part of a large-scale solution in which a number of Grundfos products operate together. In order to achieve optimum performance, it is very important that the system is set up and adjusted correctly from the outset. The knowledge and experience of the Grundfos service technician, and the use of dedicated Grundfos service tools to adjust the performance of the pump, together guarantee that the greatest possible efficiency and fully correct operation of the equipment are both achieved. Commissioning is recommended in the following circumstances:
- If two or more Grundfos products operate together in a system, e.g. in booster or wastewater systems
- If the pumps are installed in a large system, e.g. in a building management system
- If the user wants to be trained in the proper operation of the pumps/system
- Where the setup is crucial for the Grundfos product to operate for its full planned life, e.g. in water treatment applications. In such cases commissioning is not only recommended but required
- Where safety is an issue, e.g. in disinfection systems.
Recommended spare parts
Even though the Grundfos strategy is to supply the best possible pump solutions to our customers, after a long period of operation there will be wear and tear to some of the components in certain situations. If short operating downtime is a requirement, or if the pump is installed in inaccessible areas where delivery of spare parts may take a long time, it is advisable to maintain a small stock of recommended spare parts on site.